Effective Date:September 1, 2020
Last Updated Date:September 1, 2020
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Majordomo may collect personally identifiable information, such as, but not limited to your:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; phone numbers; email addresses; social media; purchase history; financial information (credit card number, purchase history, invoices); passwords; and other similar data. At times we may also collect data about you from publicly available sources, which may include personal information such as your: first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; phone numbers; email addresses; social media; and other similar data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
If you purchase Majordomo's products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Majordomo may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Majordomo's public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering an purchasing products and services on our Site; (f) claiming a property as your own; (g) use of Majordomo Contacts; (h) use of Majordomo Concierge; (i) providing a home inspection(s) and/or quotes; (k) providing any other home information. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you and/or other professionals services/service providers provided within Majordomo.com in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Information you Provide
When using the Site and our services, you may provide details and information about yourself and your properties. Information provided about a property (specific address) by you, or by your Professional at your authorization will become part of the permanent record for the home. The information will be private to you during your ownership and your home/account unless you choose to share it. All information that is added to the home’s address is deemed permanent data to be associated with that address.
Information automatically collected
Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit the Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use the Siteand other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Online Identifiers. We collect tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; device's geolocation; devices; applications; and other similar data.
Tracking User Behavior
Majordomo may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Majordomo using general internet analytics, to determine what Majordomo services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Majordomo to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Majordomo and its affiliates, including software from other companies incorporated into Majordomo’s website may be tracking certain user data from within Majordomo’s site. These services may include, but not be limited to:
Google Analytics, https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
Users are responsible for reviewing any and all privacy policies of these associated companies to their satisfaction to their satisfaction. To check your system for tracking data and to exercise controls, users can visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Majordomo. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Majordomo website.
Our use of Google Analyticshttps://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
When you access the Site, Google Analytics may automatically collect information from you through the use of Google’s analytics IDs, and Google provides some of this information to us in aggregate and anonymized form. An analytics ID is a specific string of numbers and letters (often called a “character string”) that is assigned to your computer or device but does not name you. The analytics ID allows Google to track usage data of a website or mobile app, such as date and time of visit, duration of visit, website traffic patterns, “clickstreams,” other similar information about how visitors use a website, the type of web browser used, the operating system/platform a visitor uses, IP address, the websites that referred or linked a user to a website, and your CPU speed. Google Analytics provides information about the use of our Site to us in aggregate form (i.e., data about many users combined and not just about you). Some of this data might include the regional location or city of users, but again, this data will be in aggregate (and not individual) form. Google Analytics also provides data anonymization features which Majordomo enables for its use of Google Analytics across the Site. We might use information we receive from Google Analytics to learn how users are using the Site in general, and to improve the Site. We will not receive the analytics ID assigned to your computer or device that you use to access and use the Site.
We use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at any time. We use information about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
Information collected through our Apps
We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's camera, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
Our Business Model
Majordomo services are generally funded by, but not limited to, users purchasing Majordomo product offerings, advertising and membership services of users and professional recommendations. The revenue from these services helps make Majordomo relevant, and continually innovative, while being available to use by our general users for their personal purposes. We work diligently to make our programs, subscriptions and advertisements interesting, useful and relevant to you based on the information you provide in relation to your use of our services. Majordomo uses the information you voluntarily provide about you and your home to build a relationship with you, communicate with you and provide our services - which include, but are not limited to presenting you with advertising, ideas, suggestions, and recommendations we believe may interest you and/or help you make more confident home decisions.
Information about your property has been gathered and collected from you through your inspections and data input along with public resources like, but not limited to, county assessors, city data files, and similar public records sources. In addition, data points about your property may have also been gathered from private data warehouse services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Majordomo collects and uses your personal information to operate the Site and deliver the services you have requested. Majordomo may also use your personally identifiable information and home information to inform you of other products or services available from Majordomo and its affiliates, though in such case Majordomo does not share your personal information with any of its third-party affiliates. Rather, Majordomo will provide you with information about how to contact such third-party affiliates if you are interested in their products or services.
To Provide the Site and our Services
If you are a user of Majordomo, we use your personal information:
- To operate, maintain, administer and improve the Site and our services;
- To manage and communicate with you regarding your account, if you have one, including by sending you Site announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To process payments you make through the Site;
- To better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site; and
- to respond to your Site-related requests, questions and feedback.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, or to send you information from and/or about our third-party marketing partners, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by using in app or Site features or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the address provided above. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Site or Apps.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Site or Apps that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. In such case we do not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site or Apps.
- To protect our Site. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, legal reasons and contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Site.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site or Apps, products, marketing and your experience. We use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
- To communicate with you if you request information from us, register through the Site or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you Majordomo-related marketing communications but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
- To comply with law, we use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. We may use or share your personal information when you post a testimonials or endorsements on our Site, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information or you sign up for a mailing list or to receive third party marketing communications.
- From time-to-time, for analytics purposes we may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you and use that anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
- For compliance, fraud prevention and safety we use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Majordomo sincerely appreciates your use of and contributions to the Site. Majordomo respects you and our relationships and does not sell, rent or lease its user or customer lists to third parties.
Majordomo may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of third-party business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, as noted above, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. Majordomo may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Majordomo, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Majordomo provides services to help you connect with service and product professionals. Majordomo is in no way a party to your relationship with those professionals. Majordomo is not a licensed real estate/mortgage/insurance broker, brokerage or licensed contractor/home inspector. If you use the system to connect with such professionals, you are willingly providing those professionals information to help you build a relationship and make decisions. For the avoidance of doubt, Majordomo does not provide your personal information to third-party service and product professionals. For more information about finding and hiring professionals please review:
Majordomo may disclose your personal information with your consent. Examples include if you request information from a professional associated with Majordomo, third parties or advertisers. When Majordomo hires contractors to help provide our services, with your permission, we may give them access to your information only as needed and subject to the terms of this privacy agreement.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Majordomo secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Majordomo uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, Majordomo may contact you via email, or via other communication tools, for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, connections with home professionals and contractors, and/or other general communications in general. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email or other communication from Majordomo or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via from Majordomo, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on unsubscribe or using other unsubscribe or discontinuing service functions within the site.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. For the avoidance of doubt, and as indicated above, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Majordomo welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Majordomo has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Majordomo at:
5060 SW Philomath Blvd. Box 169
Corvallis, Oregon 97333